BV750 Mouse Anti-Human CD3
Clone UCHT1 (also known as UCHT-1; UCHT 1) (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name CD3e; CD3E; T3E; TCRE; T-cell surface antigen T3/Leu-4 epsilon
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen Human infant thymocytes and peripheral blood lymphocytes from a Sézary Syndrome donor
- Workshop No. I WT3; III 471
- Entrez Gene ID 916
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The UCHT1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the human CD3ε-chain, a 20-kDa subunit of the CD3/T cell antigen receptor complex. CD3ε is expressed on 70-80% of normal human peripheral blood lymphocytes and 60-85% of thymocytes. Studies from the HLDA Workshop show that this antibody is mitogenic for CD3ε-positive cells when used in conjunction with costimulatory agents such as pokeweed mitogen or anti-CD28 antibody. CD3 plays a central role in signal transduction during antigen recognition. The UCHT1 antibody stains both surface and intracellular CD3ε unlike the other CD3 clone, HIT3a, that stains only extracellular CD3ε.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV750 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 with an Ex Max of 405-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 750-nm. BD Horizon Brilliant BV750 can be excited by the violet laser (405 nm) and detected with a 750/30 nm filter with a 740 nm long pass. Due to spectral differences between labeled cells and beads, using BD™ CompBeads can result in incorrect spillover values when used with BD Horizon BV750 reagents. Therefore, the use of BD CompBeads or BD CompBeads Plus to determine spillover values for these reagents is not recommended.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Regulatory Document Website||Download TDS|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV750 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet 750 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,158,444; 8,802,450; 8,575,303; 8,455,613; 8,227,187; 8,841,072; 8,110,673.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).