BV480 Mouse Anti-Human CD49d
Clone 9F10 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Integrin α4 chain; Integrin alpha 4; ITGA4; IA4; alpha 4 subunit of VLA-4
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon, Cow, Dog, Sheep, Cat, Horse (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. V S215
- Entrez Gene ID 3676
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 9F10 monoclonal antibody specifically reacts with the integrin α4 chain, that is expressed as a heterodimer with either of two β integrin subunits, β1 (CD29) or β7. The α4β1 integrin (VLA-4) is expressed on lymphocytes, monocytes, thymocytes, NK cells, and several B- and T-cell lines, and mediates binding to VCAM-1 (CD106) and the CS-1 region of fibronectin. The α4β7 integrin has a similar tissue distribution, except it is found on only a small subpopulation of thymocytes. Integrin α4β7 also binds fibronectin and VCAM-1, and has been shown in the mouse to preferentially bind the mucosal vascular addressin molecule, MAdCAM-1. This antibody is useful for studies of the expression by and function of cells that express α4 chain-containing integrins. This clone cross-reacts with a subset of peripheral blood lymphocytes, monocytes, and some granulocytes of baboon and both rhesus and cynomolgus macaque monkeys. The distribution on leukocytes is similar to that observed with human peripheral blood leukocytes.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV480 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 436-nm and Em Max at 478-nm, BD Horizon BV480 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon BV510 (525/40-nm) filter set. BV480 has less spillover into the BV605 detector and, in general, is brighter than BV510.
BD Horizon™ BV480 is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 436-nm and Em Max at 478-nm, BD Horizon BV480 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon™ BV510 (525/40-nm) filter set. BV480 has less spillover into the BD Horizon™ BV605 detector and, in general, is brighter than BD Horizon BV510. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BV480, BV510 and V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV480 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV480 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 480 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).