BB700 Mouse Anti-Human CD2
Clone RPA-2.10 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name LFA-2; LFA-3 receptor; SRBC; T-cell surface antigen T11/Leu-5; erythrocyte receptor
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Baboon, Cynomolgus (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Phytohemagglutinin-treated Lymphoblasts
- Workshop No. IV T085; VI 6T-078
- Entrez Gene ID 914
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RPA-2.10 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD2 which is also known as Lymphocyte-function antigen-2 (LFA-2), LFA-3 receptor, Erythrocyte receptor, Sheep red blood cell (SRBC) receptor, or T-cell surface antigen T11/Leu-5. CD2 is a 50 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein. CD2 belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily of proteins along with its primary ligand, LFA-3 (CD58). It is expressed on the surface of ~80-90% of human peripheral blood lymphocytes, greater than 95% of thymocytes, all T lymphocytes that form E-rosettes, and a subset of NK cells. CD2 functions as an adhesion receptor that binds to CD58 resulting in the activation of CD2-positive T cells and NK cells and in the regulation of their cytolytic activities.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BB700, which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Blue family of dyes. It is a polymer-based tandem dye developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 485 nm and an emission max of 693 nm, BD Horizon BB700 can be excited by the 488 nm laser and detected in a standard PerCP-Cy™5.5 set (eg, 695/40-nm filter). This dye provides a much brighter alternative to PerCP-Cy5.5 with less cross laser excitation off the 405 nm and 355 nm lasers.
BD Horizon Brilliant™ Blue 700 (BB700) is a dye that was exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as brighter alternative to PerCP-Cy5.5. This dye also has less cross laser excitation off the 405 nm laser, resulting in less spillover into the violet channels compared to PerCP-Cy5.5. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BD Horizon BB700 and PerCP-Cy5.5 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BB700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BB700 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- The manufacture, use, sale, offer for sale, or import of this product is subject to one or more patents or pending applications. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. Diagnostic uses require a separate license.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Blue 700 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,455,613 and 8,575,303.
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet for the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794/566349) or the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer Plus (Cat. No. 566385).
When setting up compensation, it is recommended to compare spillover values obtained from cells and BD™ CompBeads to ensure that beads will provide sufficiently accurate spillover values.
For optimal results, it is recommended to perform two washes after staining with antibodies. Cells may be prepared, stained with antibodies and washed twice with wash buffer per established protocols for immunofluorescent staining, prior to acquisition on a flow cytometer. Performing fewer than the recommended wash steps may lead to increased spread of the negative population.