BB515 Mouse Anti-Human CD96
Clone 6F9 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name TACTILE; T cell activation increased late expression
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human CD96 Transfected Cell Line
- Entrez Gene ID 10225
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 6F9 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human CD96, also known as TACTILE (T cell activation increased late expression). CD96 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein and member of the Ig superfamily. CD96 is expressed at low levels on resting natural killer (NK) cells and T cells and at high levels on activated NK and T cells. CD96 is also expressed on some T-cell leukemia and acute myeloid leukemia cells. CD96 may serve as a marker for acute myelogenous leukemia stem cells. CD96 plays a role in the adhesive interactions of activated NK and T cells during immune responses. CD96 binds to the poliovirus receptor (CD155) that is highly expressed by some tumor cells. CD155-mediated ligation of CD96 can induce NK cell-mediated cytotoxicity. CD96-mediated uptake of CD155 may adversely affect NK cells and thus reduce their effectiveness in anti-tumor responses.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BB515 which was developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 490 nm and an emission max of 515 nm, BD Horizon BB515 can be excited by the 488 nm laser and detected in a standard FITC set (eg, 530/30-nm filter). This dye provides a much brighter alternative to FITC with less spillover into the PE detector.
BB515 is a dye that was exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to FITC. This dye is up to seven times brighter than FITC and has less spillover into the PE channel. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BB515, FITC, and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BB515 under optimum conditions and unconjugated antibody was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
For optimal results, it is recommended to perform 2 washes after staining with antibodies. Cells may be prepared, stained with antibodies and washed twice with wash buffer per established protocols for immunofluorescent staining, prior to acquisition on a flow cytometer. Performing fewer than the recommended wash steps may lead to increased spread of the negative population.