BB515 Mouse Anti-Human CD79b
Clone 3A2-2E7 (also known as SN8) (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Igβ; B29; IGB; AGM6; CD79B
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Cell membranes from human B-prol ymphocytic leukemia (B-PLL) cells
- Workshop No. V B037
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 3A2-2E7 monoclonal antibody (also known as SN8) specifically recognizes CD79b. Immunoglobulin (Ig) antigen receptors are composed of a non-covalently-associated complex of Ig and two other proteins, Igα and Igβ, clustered as CD79a and CD79b, respectively. CD79b is a membrane glycoprotein of 229 residues, with a predicted relative molecular mass of 36-40 kDa. Its expression is restricted to B lineage cells. CD79b reportedly associates with surface IgM and is involved in signal transduction. The 3A2-2E7 antibody has similar reactivity characteristics as clone CB3-1. The 3A2-2E7 and CD3-1 antibodies specifically react with an epitope that is enhanced on certain B-cell leukemias such as prolymphocytic leukemia and lymphoma, but not on chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BB515 which was developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 490 nm and an emission max of 515 nm, BD Horizon BB515 can be excited by the 488 nm laser and detected in a standard FITC set (e.g. 530/30-nm filter). This dye provides a much brighter alternative to FITC with less spillover into the PE detector.
BB515 is a dye that was exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to FITC. This dye is up to seven times brighter than FITC and has less spillover into the PE channel. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BB515, FITC, and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BB515 under optimum conditions and unconjugated antibody was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
For optimal results, it is recommended to perform 2 washes after staining with antibodies. Cells may be prepared, stained with antibodies and washed twice with wash buffer per established protocols for immunofluorescence staining, prior to acquisition on a flow cytometer. Performing fewer than the recommended wash steps may lead to increased spread of the negative population.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD Optibuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794/566349) or the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer Plus (Cat. No. 566385).