BB515 Mouse Anti-Human CD158b
Clone CH-L (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CD158b1/KIR2DL2/NKAT-6; CD158b2/KIR2DL3/NKAT-2; CD158j/KIR2DS2/NKAT-5
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human NK Cells
- Workshop No. VI NK8
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The CH-L monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD158b proteins. These proteins are 50-58 kDa type I glycoproteins that belong to the Killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor (KIR) family: (KIR2DL2/L3/S2). They are also known as CD158b1 (KIR2DL2; NKAT-6; p58.2), CD158b2 (KIR2DL3; NKAT-2; p58.2), or CD158j (KIR2DS2; NKAT-5; p50.2). The CD158b molecules are composed of two extracellular Ig-like domains, and a transmembrane region. CD158b1 and CD158b2 also possess long (84 or 76 amino acids, respectively) cytoplasmic tails with two immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibition motifs (ITIM) whereas CD158j has a short (39 amino acid) cytoplasmic tail that lacks the ITIM motif. CD158b molecules are expressed on NK cells and subsets of TCR αβ+ cells or TCR γδ+ cells. Ligand- or CH-L antibody-bound CD158b1 or CD158b2 can reportedly inhibit cytolytic NK and T cell responses to various stimuli including certain target cells expressing MHC class I ligands encoded by HLA-C alleles (Cw 1, 3, 7 and 8). CD158j reportedly can enhance some cellular cytolytic responses.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BB515 which was developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 490 nm and an emission max of 515 nm, BD Horizon BB515 can be excited by the 488 nm laser and detected in a standard FITC set (eg, 530/30-nm filter). This dye provides a much brighter alternative to FITC with less spillover into the PE detector.
BB515 is a dye that was exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to FITC. This dye is up to seven times brighter than FITC and has less spillover into the PE channel. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BB515, FITC, and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BB515 under optimum conditions and unconjugated antibody was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- The manufacture, use, sale, offer for sale, or import of this product is subject to one or more patents or pending applications. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. Diagnostic uses require a separate license.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
For optimal results, it is recommended to perform 2 washes after staining with antibodies. Cells may be prepared, stained with antibodies and washed twice with wash buffer per established protocols for immunofluorescent staining, prior to acquisition on a flow cytometer. Performing fewer than the recommended wash steps may lead to increased spread of the negative population.