APC-R700 Mouse Anti-Human CD56
Clone NCAM16.2 (also known as NCAM 16) (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name NCAM1; NCAM-1; NCAM; Leu-19; Neural cell adhesion molecule 1; NKH1; MSK39
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Immunoaffinity-enriched adult human brain NCAM
- Workshop No. V NK60
- Entrez Gene ID 4684
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, glycerol and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The NCAM16.2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human CD56. It recognizes an extracellular immunoglobulin-like domain common to 120, 140, and 180 kDa forms of CD56, also known as the neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM), NKH1 or MSK39. The CD56 antigen is expressed on approximately 10% to 25% of peripheral blood lymphocytes. It is present on essentially all resting and activated CD16+ natural killer (NK) lymphocytes and approximately 5% of CD3+ peripheral blood lymphocytes. CD3+ CD56+ T lymphocytes comprise a unique subset of cytotoxic T lymphocytes that mediates non-major histocompatibility complex (MHC)-restricted cytotoxicity. CD56 antigen density on NK lymphocytes increases upon cellular activation. The CD56 antigen is involved in neuronal homotypic cell adhesion and cell differentiation during embryogenesis. CD16+ CD56+ NK cells demonstrate reciprocal transfer of an activation state with dendritic cells.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.