APC-R700 Mouse Anti-Human CD3
Clone OKT3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CD3E; CD3e; T-cell surface antigen T3/Leu-4 epsilon; T3E; TCRE
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Sheep Erythrocyte Rosette-purified Human T Cells
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, glycerol and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The OKT3 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes the CD3 epsilon subunit (CD3e/CD3ε) of the CD3 complex which consists of four transmembrane proteins (γ, δ, ε, ζ) that are associated with the T cell antigen receptor (TCR) to form the CD3/TCR complex. The CD3 complex associates with either TCR αβ or TCR γδ heterodimers that are alternatively expressed by some thymocytes, T cells or NKT cells. The CD3 complex is required for the cell surface expression and signal-transducing functions of the TCR. The CD3 complex is expressed by ~60-85% thymocytes and by all peripheral mature T cells. CD3e is also known as T3E or TCRE. CD3e is a ~20 kDa unglycosylated type I transmembrane protein that is encoded by CD3E which belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily (IgSF). CD3e has an Ig-like extracellular domain (ECD) and an immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motif (ITAM) in its cytoplasmic domain. The OKT3 antibody can reportedly fix complement, stimulate T cell proliferation and cytokine production, and block the binding of other human CD3e-specific antibodies including UCHT1 and SK7.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to the dye under optimum conditions and unconjugated antibody and free dye were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.