APC-R700 Mouse Anti-Human CD28
Clone CD28.2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CD28 antigen; T44; Tp44; TP44
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse C3H x BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human CD28 Transfected Cell Line
- Workshop No. V 5T CD28.05
- Entrez Gene ID 940
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, glycerol and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The CD28.2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD28, a 44 kDa homodimeric transmembrane glycoprotein present on most mature T cells, thymocytes and plasma cells. CD28 is a costimulatory receptor that binds CD80 and CD86 as ligands and plays a very important role in T cell-B cell interactions. It has been suggested that CD28 initiates and regulates a separate and distinct signal transduction pathway from those stimulated by the TCR complex. Additionally, it has been reported that CD28 antibody clones vary in their ability to stimulate T cells to produce IL-2 and increase intracellular Ca2+ concentration. This finding suggests the existence of functionally distinct subregions on the CD28 molecule. CD28.2 has been demonstrated to bind to the same molecule as clone L293, another CD28 mAb, and has been reported to induce Ca2+ influx in Jurkat T cells.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- This product is sold under license. Purchase of this product does not include rights to (i) incorporate this product into the purchaser's own products for resale to end-users, or (ii) use this product to conduct for-profit research for or on behalf of another party. For information on obtaining a license to this product for such prohibited uses, contact INSERM, 7 rue Watt, 75013 Paris. Telephone: +33 1 55 03 01 60. Facsimile: +33 1 55 03 01 18. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.