APC-R700 Mouse Anti-Human CD25
Clone 2A3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name IL-2R; IL2RA; IL-2Rα; TCGFR; TAC antigen; p55
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Phytohemagglutinin-activated T Cells
- Workshop No. III A769,T153; IV A8
- Entrez Gene ID 3559
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, glycerol and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 2A3 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human CD25, the low-affinity alpha subunit of the Interleukin-2 Receptor (IL- 2Rα). CD25 associates with CD122 (IL-2Rβ chain) and CD132 (common γ chain or γc) to form the high-affinity signal-transducing IL-2R complex. CD25 is expressed by subsets of thymocytes and peripheral blood lymphocytes including CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells and memory T cells. CD25 antigen density increases on activated T cells including phytohemagglutinin (PHA)-, concanavalin A (Con A)-, and CD3-activated T lymphocytes. High levels of CD25 can be expressed by T lymphocytes from mixed lymphocyte cultures and by human T-lymphocyte leukemia virus (HTLV)-infected T-lymphocyte leukemia lines, for example, HUT-102. CD25 can also be expressed by activated B cells and macrophages. Recombinant IL-2 blocks the binding of the 2A3 antibody to PHA-activated T lymphocytes.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.