APC-R700 Mouse Anti-Human CD11a
Clone HI111 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name LFA-1α; Lymphocyte (Leukocyte) function-associated antigen 1 α chain; ITGAL
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon, Dog, Rabbit (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. IV N231
- Entrez Gene ID 3683
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, glycerol and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HI111 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD11a, the 180 kDa integrin α chain. This type I transmembrane glycoprotein associates with CD18 (integrin β2) to form the heterodimeric glycoprotein CD11a/CD18. This heterodimer is also known as the lymphocyte (leukocytes) function associated antigen-1 (LFA-1) that is expressed on all leukocytes. LFA-1 is an adhesion molecule involved in lymphocyte and granulocyte functions. LFA-1 mediates adhesion of lymphoid cells to the vascular endothelium in association with its ligand, and the intracellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1), CD54. Other ligands are ICAM-2 (CD102) and ICAM-3 (CD50).
Clone HI111 also cross reacts with all leukocytes of baboon, and both rhesus and cynomolgus macaque monkeys. The distribution of leukocytes is similar to that observed with peripheral blood leukocytes from normal human donors, with the lymphocyte population also showing a bimodal staining pattern.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.