APC Mouse Anti-Human CD1d
Clone CD1d42 (also known as 42.1) (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name R3; R3G1; HMC class I antigen-like glycoprotein CD1D
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human CD1d Recombinant Protein
- Entrez Gene ID 912
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The CD1d42 monoclonal antibody recognizes CD1d. Cell surface CD1d is structurally homologous to Class I MHC molecules. It consists of a glycosylated type I transmembrane α chain (43-49 kDa) that is non-covalently associated with β2-microglobulin. CD1d is a member of the CD1 family of molecules, which belong to the immunoglobulin superfamily. Sequence homology data classifies the CD1 molecules into two groups. Group 1 includes CD1a, CD1b and CD1c molecules; group 2 includes CD1d molecules and their homologs in other species. CD1d is expressed on cortical thymocytes, B cells, dendritic cells, monocytes, and some nonlymphoid cells including intestinal epithelial cells, hepatocytes and keratinocytes. It is not expressed on resting mature T cells. Studies suggest that CD1d participates in lipid antigen presentation to CD1d-restricted NKT cells.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.