APC Mouse Anti-Human CD161
Clone DX12 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse C3H, also known as C3H/He, C3H/Bi IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human NKR-P1A Transfected Mouse Fibroblasts
- Workshop No. VI NK12
- Entrez Gene ID 3820
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The DX12 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human CD161 which is also known as Natural killer cell surface protein P1A (NKR-P1A). CD161 is encoded by the KLRB1 (Killer cell lectin-like receptor subfamily B member 1) gene. CD161 is a member of the C-type lectin superfamily and is also referred to as C-type lectin domain family 5 member B (CLEC5B). CD161 is a 80 kDa disulfide-linked homodimer, type II membrane glycoprotein. CD161 is expressed mostly on NK cell populations and on subsets of CD4+ and CD8+ αβ T cells, NKT cells and γδ T cells. Reports indicate that CD161 is expressed preferentially on CD45RO+ T cells, however, it can be found on a subset of thymocytes and fetal liver T cells. Its function has not been fully elucidated, but reports indicate that NKR-P1A may serve as a specific receptor for some NK cell targets. The DX12 antibody can reportedly inhibit spontaneous cytotoxicity mediated by certain NK cell clones.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.