APC Mouse Anti-Human CD158a
Clone HP-3E4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name KIR2DL1; KI2L1; NKAT; NKAT-1; NKAT1; KIR-K64; KIR221; p58.1
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgM
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human NK Cells
- Workshop No. VI BP373, NKNK14
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HP-3E4 monoclonal antibody recognizes CD158a. CD158a is a 58 kDa membrane glycoprotein, member of the killer-inhibitory receptor (KIR). The KIR family consists of transmembrane glycoproteins of the Ig superfamily expressed on <1-8% of NK cells and a subset of T cells which are involved in recognition of MHC class I molecules on target cells and inhibit cytotoxicity. CD158a is an antigen which recognizes HLA-C molecules (-Cw*0401 and -Cw*1503). This antibody is suitable for staining acetone-fixed, frozen tissue sections. It was reported that this clone also crossreacted with NKAT8 (CD158i) transfected cells.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.