APC Mouse Anti-Human CD141
Clone 1A4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Thrombomodulin; TM; THBD; THRM; AHUS6; Fetomodulin; BDCA-3
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Purified Human Thrombomodulin
- Workshop No. VI E013
- Entrez Gene ID 7056
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 1A4 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD141. CD141 is a 75 kDa, single chain, type I membrane glycoprotein referred to as thrombomodulin and fetomodulin. CD141 is expressed on endothelial cells, smooth muscle cells, epithelial cells, synovial lining cells, and keratinocytes. It is also found on megakaryocytes, dendritic cells, peripheral blood moncytes, and neutrophils, but not on lymphocytes. Reports indicate that CD141 plays an important role in Protein C activation and the initiation of the Protein C anticoagulant pathway. Thrombin loses its procoagulant function when it binds to CD141, and the CD141/thrombin complex is able to activate Protein C.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.