APC Mouse Anti-Human CD11C
Clone B-ly6 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name ITGAX; AlphaX integrin chain; Axb2; Integrin alpha-X; CR4; Leu M5; SLEB6
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Spleen Cells from Human with Hairy Cell Leukemia
- Workshop No. IV N012
- Entrez Gene ID 3687
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The B-ly6 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the 150 kDa adhesion glycoprotein CD11c (p150, integrin α chain). CD11c is expressed on dendritic cells, monocytes, macrophages, granulocytes, NK cells and subsets of B and T cells. It associates with CD18 to form the CD11c/CD18 complex that binds fibrinogen and has been reported to be a receptor for iC3b and ICAM-1. Reports indicate that CD11c/CD18 plays a role as an adhesion molecule that mediates cellular binding to ligands expressed on stimulated epithelium and endothelium.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.