BV510 Rat Anti-Human Lgr5 (N-Terminal)
Clone 8F2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name GPR49, GPR67, HG38
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Rat IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human LGR5
- Entrez Gene ID 8549
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Lgr5 (leucine-rich-repeat-containing G-protein-coupled receptor 5) is a seven transmembrane-domain receptor that is a target gene for Wnt and marks stem cells in the small intestine, colon, stomach, and hair follicle. Lgr5 was initially identified as a potential stem cell marker due to restricted expression of Lgr5 in the intestinal crypt and labeling of rapidly cycling cells of the colon and intestine. Using both lineage tracing and organoid culture experiments, Lgr5 positive cells are capable of generating all types of the small intestine epithelium hence indicating that Lgr5 marks stem cells of the small intestine and colon. R-spondin growth factors, which are secreted agonists of the Wnt pathway, bind Lgr5. The binding of R-spondins to Lgr5 leads to recruitment of the Frizzled/LRP Wnt receptor complex, which binds to Wnt ligands and leads to downstream Wnt signaling. Lgr5 is up-regulated in colon and ovarian cancers and has been implicated in promotion of tumor growth and metastasis.
The 8F2 monoclonal antibody recognizes an epitope in the N-terminal region of Human Lgr5.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV510 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 405-nm and Em Max at 510-nm, BD Horizon™ BV510 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon™ V500 (525/50-nm) filter set. BD Horizon™ BV510 conjugates are useful for the detection of dim markers off the violet laser.
BV510 is a polymer-based dye that is brighter than BD Horizon V500. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BD Horizon BV510 and BD Horizon V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV510 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV510 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Brilliant Violet™ 510 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 510 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Accutase is a registered trademark of Innovative Cell Technologies, Inc.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794/566349) or the Brilliant Stain Buffer Plus (Cat. No. 566385).