Biotin Rat anti-Human Lgr5 (N-Terminal)
Clone 8F2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name GPR49, GPR67, HG38
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunofluorescence, Bioimaging (Not Recommended)
- Immunogen Human LGR5
- Entrez Gene ID 8549
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Lgr5 (leucine-rich-repeat-containing G-protein-coupled receptor 5) is a seven transmembrane-domain receptor that is a target gene for Wnt and marks stem cells in the small intestine, colon, stomach, and hair follicle. Lgr5 was initially identified as a potential stem cell marker due to restricted expression of Lgr5 in the intestinal crypt and labeling of rapidly cycling cells of the colon and intestine. Using both lineage tracing and organoid culture experiments, Lgr5 positive cells are capable of generating all types of the small intestine epithelium hence indicating that Lgr5 marks stem cells of the small intestine and colon. R-spondin growth factors, which are secreted agonists of the Wnt pathway, bind Lgr5. The binding of R-spondins to Lgr5 leads to recruitment of the Frizzled/LRP Wnt receptor complex, which binds to Wnt ligands and leads to downstream Wnt signaling. Lgr5 is up-regulated in colon and ovarian cancers and has been implicated in promotion of tumor growth and metastasis.
The 8F2 monoclonal antibody recognizes an epitope in the N-terminal region of Human Lgr5.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with biotin under optimum conditions, and unreacted biotin was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Accutase is a registered trademark of Innovative Cell Technologies, Inc.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.