Alexa Fluor® 647 Mouse Anti-Sox9
Clone T32-668 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name SOX-9, SOX9
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rat (Tested in Development)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
Immunofluorescence, Bioimaging (Not Recommended)
- Immunogen Human Sox9 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The T32-668 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to Sox9, a member of the SRY-related HMG-box (SOX) family of transcription factors. Sox9 plays a key role in skeletal development and sex determination. Mutation of Sox9 has been associated with the human skeletal dysmorphology syndrome campomelic dysplasia, which is often characterized by both skeletal abnormalities and sex reversal. Expression of Sox9 has been observed in a variety of tissues and organs, including cartilage, testis, central neural system, lung, pancreas, intestinal stem cells, and heart.
Alexa Fluor® 647 conjugates are highly photostable and remain fluorescent over a broad pH range. The excitation and emission maxima are nearly identical to those of APC. However, APC tends to be brighter while Alexa Fluor® 647 is more optimal for intracellular applications. This fluorochrome exhibits uncommon photostability, making it an ideal choice for use in fluorescence microscopy. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 647 was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Alexa Fluor® 647 fluorochrome emission is collected at the same instrument settings as for allophycocyanin (APC).
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
For Bioimaging and Immunofluorescence applications we recommend that researchers consider Purified Mouse Anti-Sox 9 (Clone T32-668; Cat. No. 565492). For additional information please reference http://www.bdbiosciences.com/resources/index.jsp