PerCP-Cy™5.5 Mouse Anti-Mouse IL-17F
Clone O79-289 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Il17f; interleukin 17F; Interleukin-17F
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse IL-17F Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The O79-289 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the inflammatory cytokine protein, Interleukin-17 (IL-17F). IL-17F is a member of the IL-17 family of cytokines. Among IL-17 family members, IL-17F has the highest amino acid sequence homology to IL-17A. IL-17F is produced by activated CD4+ T helper (Th17) cells, CD8+ T (Tc17) cells and γδ T cells. IL-17F can be secreted as homodimers or as heterodimers with IL-17A. IL-17F and IL-17A have overlapping functions such as inducing epithelial cells and fibroblasts to produce proinflammatory cytokines and chemokines including IL-6, GM-CSF, CXCL1, CCL2, and CCL7. These factors attract and activate neutrophils and other cell types that mediate protective responses against pathogenic microbes or pathologic allergic or autoimmune diseases. IL-17 gene knockout studies have shown that IL-17F and IL-17A have independent functions as well. IL-17F and IL-17A exert their biological function by binding to and signaling through IL-17 receptors comprised of the transmembrane receptor subunits, IL-17RA (CD217) and IL-17RC.
PerCP-Cy™5.5 is a tandem conjugate that combines PerCP with a cyanine dye. PerCP-Cy5.5 is not subject to photobeaching like PerCP and can be used with stream-in-air flow cytometers. It has less Fc receptor–mediated nonspecific staining than PE-Cy5. Additionally, the PerCP-Cy5.5 tandem conjugate is not as susceptible to fixative or light instability compared to APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PerCP-Cy5.5 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PerCP-Cy5.5 were removed. Storage of PerCP-Cy5.5 conjugates in unoptimized diluent is not recommended and may result in loss of signal intensity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited. This conjugated product is sold under license to the following patents: US Patent Nos. 5,486,616; 5,569,587; 5,569,766; 5,627,027.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- PerCP-Cy5.5–labelled antibodies can be used with FITC- and R-PE–labelled reagents in single-laser flow cytometers with no significant spectral overlap of PerCP-Cy5.5, FITC, and R-PE fluorescence.
- PerCP-Cy5.5 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light. Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using dual-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PerCP and Cy5.5™. We recommend the use of cross-beam compensation during data acquisition or software compensation during data analysis.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- This product is subject to proprietary rights of Amersham Biosciences Corp. and Carnegie Mellon University and made and sold under license from Amersham Biosciences Corp. This product is licensed for sale only for research. It is not licensed for any other use. If you require a commercial license to use this product and do not have one return this material, unopened to BD Biosciences, 10975 Torreyana Rd, San Diego, CA 92121 and any money paid for the material will be refunded.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.