PE Mouse anti-Mouse IL-17F
Clone O79-289 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Il17f; interleukin 17F; Interleukin-17F
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse IL-17F Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The O79-289 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the inflammatory cytokine protein, Interleukin-17 (IL-17F). IL-17F is a member of the IL-17 family of cytokines. Among IL-17 family members, IL-17F has the highest amino acid sequence homology to IL-17A. IL-17F is produced by activated CD4+ T helper (Th17) cells, CD8+ T (Tc17) cells and γδ T cells. IL-17F can be secreted as homodimers or as heterodimers with IL-17A. IL-17F and IL-17A have overlapping functions such as inducing epithelial cells and fibroblasts to produce proinflammatory cytokines and chemokines including IL-6, GM-CSF, CXCL1, CCL2, and CCL7. These factors attract and activate neutrophils and other cell types that mediate protective responses against pathogenic microbes or pathologic allergic or autoimmune diseases. IL-17 gene knockout studies have shown that IL-17F and IL-17A have independent functions as well. IL-17F and IL-17A exert their biological function by binding to and signaling through IL-17 receptors comprised of the transmembrane receptor subunits, IL-17RA (CD217) and IL-17RC.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.