PE Mouse anti-Human IL-17A
Clone SCPL1362 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name IL-17; IL-17A; CTLA8; Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated serine esterase 8
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Human IL-17A, also known as IL-17, is a proinflammatory cytokine that is encoded by the IL17A gene in chromosome 6. IL-17A is produced as a disulfide-linked homodimer comprised of two mature 136-amino acid polypeptides. It is a member of the IL-17 family of structurally related cytokines, designated IL-17A through IL-17F. Activated memory T cells, especially Th17 cells (specialized IL-17A-producing CD4+ T cells distinct from Th1 and Th2 cells) produce IL-17 and provide protective immunity against pathogens. Activated CD8+ T cells, γδT cells, NK cells and neutrophils can also be activated to produce IL-17A. IL-17A binds to and exerts its biological activity through IL-17 receptors (IL-17R) that are expressed by a variety of target cells including fibroblasts, epithelial and endothelial cells, monocytes/macrophages and mast cells. The ubiquitous IL-17R expression pattern may explain the broad tissue responsiveness to IL-17. IL-17 induces stromal cells to secrete cytokines and chemokines involved in inflammatory and hematopoietic processes. For example, IL-17 induces fibroblasts to produce IL-6, IL-8, G-CSF and express increased surface ICAM-1. The SCPL1362 antibody reacts with human IL-17A.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.