Purified Rat Anti-Mouse IL-4
Clone 11B11 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG1
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
ELISA (Routinely Tested)
Blocking (Tested During Development)
Western blot (Reported)
- Immunogen Partially Purified Mouse IL-4
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Interleukin-4 (IL-4) is a pleiotropic cytokine that has many roles, such as inducing the differentiation of naïve helper T cells (Th0 cells) to Th2 cells, stimulating activated B-cell and T-cell proliferation, and promoting immunoglobulin class switching to IgG1 and IgE in mouse B-cells. IL-4 is expressed by CD4 T-cells, mast cells, basophils and eosinophils. IL-4 was previously known as B-Cell Differentiation Factor (BCDF) or B-cell Stimulatory Factor (BSF1). The 11B11 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to mouse IL-4. The immunogen used to generate the 11B11 hybridoma was partially purified mouse IL-4 prepared from the supernatant of Phorbol 12-Myristate 13-Acetate (PMA)-stimulated EL-4 cells. The 11B11 antibody is reportedly a neutralizing antibody.
This antibody is routinely tested by ELISA. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
1. ELISA: The purified 11B11 antibody (Cat. No. 554434) is useful as a capture antibody for a sandwich ELISA for measuring mouse IL-4 protein levels. Purified 11B11 antibody can be paired with the biotinylated BVD6-24G2 antibody (Cat. No. 554390) as the detection antibody, with recombinant mouse IL-4 (Cat. No. 550067) as the standard. See the ELISA protocol section in this catalog for specific methodology. These reagents are recommended primarily for measuring cytokine from cell culture systems and are not recommended for assay of serum or plasma samples. For testing IL-4 in serum or plasma, our BD OptEIA™ mouse IL-4 set (Cat. No. 555232) is recommended.
2. Neutralization: The NA/LE™ 11B11 antibody (Cat. No. 554432) is useful for neutralization of mouse IL-4 bioactivity.