FITC Rat Anti-Human IL-6
Clone MQ2-6A3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Recombinant human IL-6
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MQ2-6A3 antibody reacts with human interleukin-6 (IL-6). The immunogen used to generate the MQ2-6A3 hybridoma was recombinant human IL-6.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Use of these products to measure activation antigens expressed on mononuclear cell subsets for the purpose of monitoring immunoregulatory status can fall under one or more claims of the following patents: US Patent Nos. 5,445,939, 5,656,446, 5,843,689; European Patent No. 319,543; Canadian Patent No. 1,296,622; Australian Patent No. 615,880; and Japanese Patent No. 2,769,156.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
Flow cytometry: The MQ2-6A3 antibody is useful for immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify and enumerate human IL-6 producing cells within mixed cell populations. FITC-conjugated MQ2-6A3 antibody (Cat. No. 554696) is especially suitable for these experiments (see figure). For optimal immunofluorescent staining for flow cytometric analysis, this anti-cytokine antibody should be titrated (≤ 0.5 µg mAb/million cells). A useful control for demonstrating specificity of staining is either of the following: 1) preblock the FITC- MQ2-6A3 antibody with ligand (e.g., recombinant human IL-6; Cat No. 550071) prior to staining, or 2) pre-block the fixed/permeabilized cells with unlabelled MQ2-6A3 antibody (Cat. No. 559068) prior to staining. A suitable rat IgG2a isotype control for assessing the level of background staining on paraformaldehyde-fixed/saponin-permeabilized human cells is FITC-R35-95 (Cat. No. 554688).