Purified NA/LE Rat Anti-Mouse CD4
Clone H129.19 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Cd4; CD4 antigen; L3T4; Ly-4; T-cell surface antigen T4/Leu-3
- Concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Cytotoxicity, Blocking, Immunoprecipitation, Depletion, Immunohistochemistry-frozen, Immunohistochemistry-zinc-fixed (Reported)
Immunohistochemistry-formalin (antigen retrieval required) (Not Recommended)
- Immunogen A.TH mouse CTL clone A15.1.17
- Storage Buffer No azide/low endotoxin: Aqueous buffered solution containing no preservative, 0.2µm sterile filtered. Endotoxin level is ≤0.01 EU/µg (≤0.001 ng/µg) of protein as determined by the LAL assay.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The H129.19 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the CD4 (L3T4) differentiation antigen expressed on thymocytes, a subpopulation of mature T lymphocytes (i.e., MHC class II-restricted T cells, including most T helper cells), and a subset of NK-T cells of all mouse strains tested. CD4 has also been detected on pluirpotent hematopoietic stem cells, bone marrow myeloid precursors, intrathymic lymphoid precursors, and a subset of splenic dendritic cells. CD4 is expressed on the plasma membrane of mouse egg cells and is involved in adhesion of the egg to MHC class II-bearing sperm. CD4 is an antigen coreceptor on the T-cell surface which interacts with MHC class II molecules on antigen-presenting cells. It participates in T-cell activation through its association with the T-cell receptor complex and protein tyrosine Lck. The H129.19 antibody blocks binding of the anti-mouse CD4 antibodies GK1.5 and RM4-5, but not RM4-4 antibody. mAb H129.19 inhibits various responses of T helper cells to antigenic or mitogenic stimuli.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
This preparation contains no preservatives, thus it should be handled under aseptic conditions.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.