Pacific Blue™ Hamster Anti-Mouse CD3e
Clone 500A2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD3; CD3 epsilon; Cd3e; CD3ε; T3e
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Syrian Hamster IgG2, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse T-cell receptor
- Entrez Gene ID 12501
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 500A2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the 25-kDa ε chain of the T-cell receptor-associated CD3 complex expressed on mouse thymocytes, mature T lymphocytes, and NKT cells. Plate-bound and soluble forms of the 500A2 antibody can activate T cells in vitro. Activation of a mouse T-cell clone by the 500A2 antibody can be blocked by Fab fragments of the GK1.5 anti-CD4 antibody. This suggests that the 500A2 antibody may bind an epitope on CD3e close to a site at which CD4 associates with the T-cell receptor. The 500A2 antibody reportedly does not to crossreact with rat leukocytes.
Pacific Blue™ is based on the 6,8-difluoro-7-hydroxycoumarin fluorophore, and is strongly fluorescent, even at neutral pH. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody is conjugated to Pacific Blue™ under optimum conditions, and unreacted Pacific Blue™ was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Pacific Blue™ has a maximum absorption of 416 nm and maximum emission of 451 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.