Biotin Rat Anti-Mouse CD4
Clone H129.19 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Cd4; CD4 antigen; L3T4; Ly-4; T-cell surface antigen T4/Leu-3
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen A.TH mouse CTL clone A15.1.17
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The H129.19 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the CD4 (L3T4) differentiation antigen expressed on thymocytes, a subpopulation of mature T lymphocytes (i.e., MHC class II-restricted T cells, including most T helper cells), and a subset of NK-T cells of all mouse strains tested. CD4 has also been detected on pluirpotent hematopoietic stem cells, bone marrow myeloid precursors, intrathymic lymphoid precursors, and a subset of splenic dendritic cells. CD4 is expressed on the plasma membrane of mouse egg cells and is involved in adhesion of the egg to MHC class II-bearing sperm. CD4 is an antigen coreceptor on the T-cell surface which interacts with MHC class II molecules on antigen-presenting cells. It participates in T-cell activation through its association with the T-cell receptor complex and protein tyrosine Lck. The H129.19 antibody blocks binding of the anti-mouse CD4 antibodies GK1.5 and RM4-5, but not RM4-4 antibody. mAb H129.19 inhibits various responses of T helper cells to antigenic or mitogenic stimuli.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with biotin under optimum conditions, and unreacted biotin was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.