APC-Cy™7 Hamster Anti-Mouse CD3e
Clone 145-2C11 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD3; CD3 epsilon; Cd3e; CD3ε; T3e
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen H-2Kb specific cytotoxic T lymphocyte clone BM10-37
- Entrez Gene ID 12501
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 145-2C11 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the 25-kDa ε chain of the T-cell receptor-associated CD3 complex that is expressed on thymocytes, mature T lymphocytes, and NK-T cells. The cytoplasmic domain of CD3e participates in the signal transduction events that activate several cellular biochemical pathways as a result of antigen recognition. Soluble 145-2C11 antibody can activate either unprimed (naive) or primed (memory/preactivated) T cells in vivo or in vitro, in the presence of Fc receptor-bearing accessory cells. In contrast, plate-bound 145-2C11 can activate T cells in the absence of accessory cells. Soluble 145-2C11 antibody has been reported to induce re-directed lysis of Fc receptor-bearing target cells by CTL clones and can also block lysis of specific target cells by antigen-specific CTL's. Under some conditions, T-cell activation by 145-2C11 antibody has been reported to result in apoptotic cell death. The 145-2C11 antibody does not cross-react with rat leukocytes. Preincubation of thymus cell suspensions at 37°C for 2-4 hours prior to staining reportedly enhances the ability of anti-CD3ε and anti-αβ TCR mAbs to detect the T-cell receptor on immature thymocytes.
APC-Cy™7 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC and a cyanine dye (Cy7). Special precautions must be taken with APC-Cy7 conjugates, and cells stained with them, to protect the fluorochrome from long-term exposure to light. Some APC-Cy7 conjugates show changes in their emission spectra with prolonged exposure to paraformaldehyde. Fixed cells should be analyzed within 4 hours of fixation in paraformaldehyde or transferred to a paraformaldehyde-free buffer for overnight storage. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC-Cy7 and APC-H7 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with APC-Cy7 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC-Cy7 were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- APC-Cy7 tandem fluorochrome emission is collected in a detector for fluorescence wavelengths of 750 nm and higher.
- APC-Cy7 is a tandem fluorochrome composed of Allophycocyanin (APC), which is excited by laser lines between 595 and 647 nm and serves as an energy donor, coupled to the cyanine dye Cy7™, which acts as an energy acceptor and fluoresces at 780 nm. BD Biosciences Pharmingen has maximized the fluorochrome energy transfer in APC-Cy7, thus maximizing its fluorescence emission intensity, minimizing residual emission from APC, and minimizing required electronic compensation in multilaser-laser flow cytometry systems. Note: Although every effort is made to minimize the lot-to-lot variation in residual emission from APC, it is strongly recommended that every lot be tested for differences in the amount of compensation required and that individual compensation controls are run for each APC-Cy7 conjugate.
- Warning: Some APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7 conjugates show changes in their emission spectrum with prolonged exposure to formaldehyde. If you are unable to analyze fixed samples within four hours, we recommend that you use BD™ Stabilizing Fixative (Cat. No. 338036).
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited. This conjugated product is sold under license to the following patents: US Patent Nos. 5,486,616; 5,569,587; 5,569,766; 5,627,027.
- This product is subject to proprietary rights of Amersham Biosciences Corp. and Carnegie Mellon University and made and sold under license from Amersham Biosciences Corp. This product is licensed for sale only for research. It is not licensed for any other use. If you require a commercial license to use this product and do not have one return this material, unopened to BD Biosciences, 10975 Torreyana Rd, San Diego, CA 92121 and any money paid for the material will be refunded.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.