APC Rat Anti-Human IL-2
Clone MQ1-17H12 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name IL2; Interleukin-2; T-cell growth factor; TCGF
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human IL-2 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MQ1-17H12 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the multifunctional cytokine, human Interleukin-2 (IL-2). IL-2 is produced by activated T cells and has multiple functions that can affect the growth, proliferation, differentiation and survival of many different target cell types including T cells, B cells, NK cells, monocytes and macrophages. The immunogen used to generate the MQ1-17H12 hybridoma was purified recombinant human IL-2 protein. The MQ1-17H12 antibody reportedly neutralizes the biological activity of human IL-2.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
Immunofluorescent Staining and Flow Cytometric Analysis: The APC-conjugated MQ1-17H12 antibody (Cat. No. 554567) can be used for multicolor immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify and enumerate IL-2-producing cells within mixed cell populations (see image). For optimal immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis, this anti-cytokine antibody should be titrated (≤ 0.5 µg mAb/1X10^6 cells). For specific methodology, please visit the protocols section under "Cytokines (Intracellular Staining)" on our web
A useful control for demonstrating specificity of staining is either of the following: 1) pre-block the conjugated MQ1-17H12 antibody with a molar excess of ligand (e.g., recombinant human IL-2; Cat No. 554603) prior to staining, or 2) pre-block the fixed/permeabilized cells with unlabelled MQ1-17H12 antibody (Cat. No. 554563) prior to staining. A suitable rat IgG2a isotype control for assessing the level of background staining on paraformaldehyde-fixed/saponin-permeabilized human cells is APC-R35-95 (Cat. No. 554690); use at comparable concentrations to antibody of interest (e.g., ≤ 0.5 µg mAb/1X10^6 cells).
Neutralization/Blocking: The NA/LE™ format of the MQ1-17H12 antibody (Cat. No. 554567) is useful for neutralization of human IL-2 bioactivity. A suitable NA/LE™ rat IgG2a isotype control to match the NA/LE™ MQ1-17H12 antibody is the R35-95 antibody, Cat. No. 554687.