APC Mouse Anti-Human CD57
Clone NK-1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name B3GAT1; Beta-1,3-glucuronyltransferase 1; HNK1; LEU7; NK-1; GLCATP; GLCUATP
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgM, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The NK-1 monoclonal antibody specifically reacts with a 110 kDa carbohydrate antigen associated with myelin-associated glycoprotein expressed on 7-35% of normal peripheral blood lymphocytes including a subset of natural killer cells, a subset of CD8-positive peripheral blood T cells, and on some neural tissues. CD57 is not expressed on granulocytes, platelets, red blood cells or thymocytes. The function of CD57 is still unclear, however, its expression on T-cell subets occurs in late immune responses.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.