PE Rat Anti-Mouse CD45RA
Clone 14.8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Radiation-induced NZC mouse B lymphoma WEHI-279
- Entrez Gene ID 19264
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 14.8 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes an exon A-dependent epitope of the CD45 protein, which is found at high density on B cells and at low density on peripheral T cytotoxic/suppressor cells and a very small subset of thymocytes. Nearly all B-lineage cells, including B-cell precursors in fetal liver and adult bone marrow and Ig-secreting cells, but not hematopoietic stem cells or myeloid progenitors, have been reported to be detectable by mAb 14.8. CD45 is a member of the Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase (PTP) family: Its intracellular (COOH-terminal) region contains two PTP catalytic domains, and the extracellular region is highly variable due to alternative splicing of exons 4, 5, and 6 (designated A, B, and C, respectively), plus, differing levels of glycosylation. The CD45 isoforms detected in the mouse are cell type-, maturation-, and activation state-specific. The CD45 isoforms play complex roles in T-cell and B-cell antigen receptor signal transduction. mAb 14.8 has been reported to enhance the proliferative effect of PHA on purified spleen T cells, possibly by replacing a signal normally delivered by accessory cells, to enhance isotype switching during in vitro B-cell responses, and to inhibit antigen-induced p21 [ras] activation.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.