Biotin Rat Anti-Mouse CD11a
Clone M17/4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Itgal; Integrin alpha-L; Integrin αL; ITAL; LFA-1A; LFA-1α; Ly-15
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat WF, also known as Wistar Furth IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen C57BL/6 Mouse Splenic Secondary Cytotoxic T Lymphocytes
- Entrez Gene ID 16408
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The M17/4 antibody reacts with the 180 kDa αL chain of LFA-1 (CD11a/CD18, αLβ2 integrin), a heterodimeric surface glycoprotein expressed on almost all leukocytes. CD8a+CD8b- intestinal intraepithelial T lymphocytes, which are believed to be thymus independent, do not express CD11a. LFA-1 mediates a variety of heterotypic and homotypic intercellular adhesions through interaction with ICAM-1 (CD54) and ICAM-2 (CD102), including participation in the immunological synapses between CD8+ T lymphocytes and antigen-presenting cells. mAb M17/4 blocks a variety of LFA-1-mediated cells interactions in vitro, and costimulatory effects have also been described. In vivo treatment with M17/4 mAb reduces the severity of graft-versus-host reactions, prolongs allograft survival, inhibits the development of autoimmunity, and blocks substance P-induced leukocyte migration. The M17/4 and 2D7 (Cat. No. 553120) antibodies are reported to recognize different epitopes of the CD11a molecule.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with biotin under optimum conditions, and unreacted biotin was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.