APC Rat Anti-Mouse CD62L
Clone MEL-14 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Sell; L-selectin; LECAM-1; LAM-1; Lnhr; Ly-22; Ly-m22; Lyam-1
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat F344, also known as Fischer, CDF IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen C3H/eb mouse B lymphoma 38C-13
- Entrez Gene ID 20343
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MEL-14 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD62L (L-selectin), a 95 kDa (on neutrophils) or 74 kDa (on lymphocytes) receptor with lectin-like and Epidermal Growth Factor-like domains. In the mouse, L-selectin is detected on most thymocytes, with the highest levels of expression on an immunocompetent subset and a population of dividing progenitor cells, and on peripheral leukocytes, including subsets of B and T lymphocytes, neutrophils, monocytes, and eosinophils. This member of the selectin adhesion molecule family appears to be required for lymphocyte homing to peripheral lymph nodes and to contribute to neutrophil emigration at inflammatory sites. L-selectin is rapidly shed from lymphocytes and neutrophils upon cellular activation; metalloproteinases may mediate the release of CD62L ectodomains from the cell surface. The level of CD62L expression, along with other markers, distinguishes naive, effector, and memory T cells. L-selectin binds to sialytaed oligosaccharide determinants on high endothelial venules (HEV) in peripheral lymph nodes. In vitro studies have demonstrated that CD34, GlyCAM-1, and MAdCAM-1, all recognized by mAb MECA-79 (anti-mouse PNAd Carbohydrate Epitope, Cat. No. 553863), may be ligands for CD62L. MEL-14 mAb blocks in vitro binding of lymphocytes to peripheral lymph node HEV and inhibits in vivo lymphocyte extravasation into peripheral lymph nodes and late stages of leukocyte rolling.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.