APC-R700 Hamster Anti-Mouse CD152
Clone UC10-4F10-11 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Ctla4; CTLA-4; Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated protein 4; Ly-56
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse CTLA-4 IgG2a Fusion
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The UC10-4F10-11 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD152, which is also known as Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated antigen 4 (CTLA-4). CD152 is expressed on activated T lymphocytes 2-3 days after stimulation through T cell receptor. CTLA-4 has significant similarity to CD28 in amino acid sequence, structure, and genomic organization. Furthermore, CD152 and CD28 share common B7 family counter-receptors. Unlike CD28, CD152 expression appears to be restricted to activated T cells and CD25+CD4+ regulatory T (Treg) cells. Whereas CD28 delivers a costimulatory signal required for T-cell activation, CTLA-4 is a negative regulator of cell-mediated immune responses. CD152 may play roles in induction and/or maintenance of immunological tolerance, regulation of protective immunity, and autoimmune responses, and regulation of some aspects of thymocyte maturation. This hamster mAb to a mouse leukocyte antigen does not cross-react with rat leucocytes.
This antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.