Purified Mouse Anti-Human CD95
Clone G254-274 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Fas/APO-1
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Western blot (Routinely Tested)
ELISA Capture (Tested During Development)
Flow cytometry, Functional assay (Not Recommended)
- Immunogen Recombinant Human Fas
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Programmed cell death (apoptosis) may be induced in response to a variety of cytotoxic stimuli, including activation of surface receptors. An area of particular interest has been the induction of apoptosis by the receptor-ligand pair: Fas (CD95) and Fas Ligand (FasL). Fas is an ~45 kD cell surface protein which belongs to the the TNF (tumor necrosis factor receptor family, and is expressed in various tissue and cells including the thymus, liver, ovary and lung. FasL, a member of the TNF ligand family, is expressed on activated T and NK cells. FasL initiates signaling at the cell surface by aggregation of individual Fas recpetors via binding to the multivalent ligand. Antibodies which selectively activate Fas can be used in vitro to mimic the apoptotic response associated with FasL. Both Fas and FasL are thought to play an important role in the apoptotic processes that take place during T cell development. Clone G254-274 recognizes human Fas. A soluble form of recombinant human Fas (lacking the Fas transmembrane domain) was used as immunogen.
- Format Purified
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
Applications include western blot analysis (1-2µg/ml). Clone G254-274 has also been tested in antibody development for ELISA where G254-274 has been used as a capture antibody paired with the biotin mouse anti-human Fas clone DX2 (MN 555672) as the detection antibody. The BD OptEIA™ Set for soluble, human Fas (MN 555224) is the suggested format for use in ELISA analysis. Clone G254-274 is not suggested for flow cytometric analysis or for use in functional apoptosis assays.