PE Mouse anti-Human TGF-β1
Clone TW4-9E7 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name TGFB1; TGFbeta1; TGF-beta-1; Transforming growth factor, beta 1; CED; LAP
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
Flow cytometry (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Human TGF-β1 Transfected Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TW4-9E7 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to Human Transforming Growth Factor beta-1 (TGF-β1). TGF-β1 is a potent multifunctional cytokine that positively or negatively regulates numerous processes including development, hematopoiesis, tissue remodeling, wound repair, innate and adaptive immunity as well as cancer and autoimmune diseases. TGF-β1 is formed by the enzymatic cleavage of the TGF-β1 propeptide that is encoded by the TGFB1 gene and comprised of the Latency Associated Peptide (LAP) and TGF-β1. Prior to secretion, the dimeric LAP-TGF-β1 propeptide is cleaved resulting in a biologically inactive form of dimeric TGF-β1 that is noncovalently associated with dimeric LAP (latent TGF-β1). This complex may be expressed on the surface of TGF-β1-producing cells or be further processed by proteolytic removal of LAP to release the biologically active mature form of the soluble TGF-β1 homodimer. Many different cell types synthesize TGF-β1 and express specific receptors for it. The TW4-9E7 antibody recognizes both the intracellular latent bound form of TGF-β1 along with the membrane bound form of TGF-β1.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.