FITC Mouse Anti-Human CD2
Clone S5.2 (RUO (GMP))
- Concentration 12.5 μg/mL
- Vol. Per Test 20 μL
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Alloantigen-activated T Cells
- Workshop No. II T16
- Storage Buffer Phosphate buffered saline with gelatin and 0.1% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO (GMP)
Regulatory Status Legend
• CD2, clone S5.2, is derived from hybridization of mouse Sp2/0 myeloma cells with spleen cells from BALB/c mice immunized with T lymphocytes activated by mixed lymphocyte culture.
• CD2, clone L303.1, is derived by the fusion of Sp2/0 myeloma cells with splenocytes from BALB/c mice immunized with CD3-activated human T lymphocytes.
CD2 recognizes a human lymphocyte antigen, 45 to 50 kilodaltons (kDa), which also forms the binding site for sheep erythrocytes.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Preparation and Storage
Store vials at 2°C to 8°C. Conjugated forms should not be frozen and should be protected from exposure to light. Each reagent is stable for the period shown on the bottle label when stored as directed.