BV750 Mouse Anti-Human CD86 (B7-2)
Clone 2331 (FUN-1) (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name B7.2; B7-2; B-lymphocyte activation antigen B7-2; B70; BU63; CD28LG2; LAB72
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen Human HBL-1 Cell Line
- Workshop No. V B046, BP126
- Entrez Gene ID 942
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 2331 (FUN-1) monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes a 75 kDa transmembrane cell surface protein, CD86 (B70/B7-2), expressed primarily on monocytes, dendritic cells and activated B cells. Competitive binding assays demonstrate that, while both 2331 (FUN-1) and IT2.2 (Anti-CD86) antibodies specifically recognize the same molecule, they react with different epitopes. CD86 is a ligand for CD28 and CTLA-4 and plays an important role in costimulation of T cells in primary immune response. The 2331 (FUN-1) antibody blocks the costimulatory activity of CD86 when tested in functional studies.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV750 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 with an Ex Max of 405-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 750-nm. BD Horizon Brilliant BV750 can be excited by the violet laser (405 nm) and detected with a 750/30 nm filter with a 740 nm long pass. Due to spectral differences between labeled cells and beads, using BD™ CompBeads can result in incorrect spillover values when used with BD Horizon BV750 reagents. Therefore, the use of BD CompBeads or BD CompBeads Plus to determine spillover values for these reagents is not recommended.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Regulatory Document Website||Download TDS|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV750 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet 750 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,158,444; 8,802,450; 8,575,303; 8,455,613; 8,227,187; 8,841,072; 8,110,673.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).