Biotin Rat Anti-Human CXCR5 (CD185)
Clone RF8B2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD185; Chemokine C-X-C motif receptor 5; BLR1; MDR-15
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl/test
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human CXCR5 (CD185)
- Entrez Gene ID 643
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RF8B2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the human CXC chemokine receptor, CXCR5. CXCR5 (also known as CD185, BLR-1 NLR and MDR15), a seven transmembrane, G-protein-coupled receptor, is the specific receptor for CXC chemokine, CXCL13/BLC/BCA-1. In peripheral blood, CXCR5 expression is restricted to B lymphocytes and a small subset of CD4+ and CD8+ lymphocytes. The restricted expression pattern of CXCR5 on B cells and follicular T helper cells (Tfh) suggests that this receptor functions as a regulator of B and T cell migration. Stimulation of T cells with anti-CD3 monoclonal antibody leads to the down-regulation of CXCR5.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with biotin under optimum conditions, and unreacted biotin was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
Biotin Rat Anti-Human CXCR5 (CD185) is effective for indirect immunofluorescence staining of human cells for flow cytometric analysis using 20 µl/10^6 cells. Combined with our Streptavidin-phycoerythrin (Cat. No. 554061), this antibody can be used for immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analyses of human leukocytes and cell lines expressing CXCR5 (see figure). For chemokine receptors expressed at low frequencies on the surface of cells, a 3-step staining procedure is recommended.