BV510 Mouse Anti-Human TRA-1-60 Antigen
Clone TRA-1-60 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name TRA-1-60(R)
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgM, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Embryonal Carcinoma Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TRA-1-60 monoclonal antibody reacts with the neuraminidase-resistant form of a pluripotent-stem-cell-specific epitope on a high-molecular-weight transmembrane glycoprotein. The TRA-1-60 antigen is a sialylated epitope on the same keratan sulfate core molecule, podocalyxin, as 4 other distinct antigens on tumor-derived cell lines, TRA-1-81, GCTM2, K4, and K21. The expression of TRA-1-60 antigen is stage-specific and can be used to characterize embryonic cells and monitor their differentiation. The antigen is found on teratocarcinoma (embryonal carcinoma or EC), embryonic inner cell mass (but not morula or trophoblast), and embryonic stem (ES) cells. TRA-1-60 antigen is released into the serum of patients bearing testicular tumors containing EC cells. As human EC and ES cells undergo differentiation, expression of TRA-1-60 antigen is lost. Expression of TRA-1-60 antigen has also been observed on a rhesus monkey ES cell line (Thomson et al, 1995).
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV510 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 405-nm and Em Max at 510-nm, BD Horizon™ BV510 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon™ V500 (525/50-nm) filter set. BD Horizon™ BV510 conjugates are useful for the detection of dim markers off the violet laser.
BV510 is a polymer-based dye that is brighter than BD Horizon V500. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BD Horizon BV510 and BD Horizon V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV510 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV510 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Brilliant Violet™ 510 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- mTESR™1 is a trademark of StemCell Technologies.
- Accutase is a registered trademark of Innovative Cell Technologies, Inc.