Purified NA/LE Rat Anti-Mouse CD18
Clone M18/2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Cd18; ITGB2; Integrin β2 chain
- Concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen, Immunohistochemistry-formalin (antigen retrieval required) (Tested During Development)
Stimulation, Blocking, Functional assay (Reported)
- Immunogen Mouse CTL glycoproteins
- Storage Buffer No azide/low endotoxin: Aqueous buffered solution containing no preservative, 0.2µm sterile filtered. Endotoxin level is ≤0.01 EU/µg (≤0.001 ng/µg) of protein as determined by the LAL assay.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The M18/2 antibody specifically recognizes the common β2 chain of LFA-1 (CD11a/CD18, αLβ2 integrin), Mac-1 (CD11b/CD18, αMβ2 integrin), and gp150, 95 (CD11c/CD18, αXβ2 integrin). Expression of CD18 is limited to leukocytes, where it is widely distributed in consort with the three integrin α chains (CD11a, CD11b, and CD11c). Among splenocytes, NK cells have the highest density of CD18, and T lymphocytes express a higher density than the remaining cells. The β2 integrins are important mediators of leukocyte-endothelium interactions. It has been reported that M18/2 antibody blocks in vivo metastasis of the LB lymphoma to the spleen and that it blocks in vitro formation of aggregates of LB cells and splenocytes. However, other reports indicate that mAb M18/2 has no effect on CTL-mediated killing, adherence of C3bi-sensitized erythrocytes to Mac-1, antigen-specific binding of T cells to antigen-producing cells, or rejection of cardiac allografts. Recent in vitro studies indicate that M18/2 antibody stimulates adhesion of Mac-1 to its ligands C3bi and ICAM-1, and it stimulates adhesion of LFA-1 to ICAM-1, but it has no effect upon the interactions of LFA-1 with ICAM-2 nor ICAM-3.
Alternative antibody clone GAME-46 (Cat. No. 555280) has been reported to block in vitro adhesion of LFA-1-expressing cells to the ligands ICAM-1, ICAM-2, ICAM-3 and of Mac-1-expressing cells to ICAM-1, C3bi, and fibrinogen.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
This preparation contains no preservatives, thus it should be handled under aseptic conditions.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.