V500 Rat anti-CD11b
Clone M1/70 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Itgam; Integrin alpha-M; Ly-40; Mac-1a; Mac-1 alpha; CR3A; CR-3 alpha chain
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat DA, also known as DA/HA IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing) Human (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Splenic Cells
- Entrez Gene ID 16409
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer, glycerol and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The M1/70 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD11b, also known as Integrin alpha M (Itgam or αM). CD11b is a 170-kDa type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein and belongs to the Integrin alpha chain family. CD11b serves as the alpha chain of the heterodimeric Mac-1 integrin (CD11b/CD18, αMβ2), also known as complement receptor 3 (CR3). Mac-1 mediates adhesion to ICAM-1 (CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), fibrinogen and binding to C3bi. Mac-1 is expressed at varying levels on granulocytes, macrophages, myeloid-derived dendritic cells, natural killer cells, microglia, and B-1 B lymphocytes. Mac-1 expression is rapidly upregulated on neutrophils after activation, in the same time period that CD62L (L-selectin) is shed from the cell surface. The M1/70 antibody reportedly blocks cell adherence and C3bi binding but does not block cell-mediated lysis. Cross-reaction of the M1/70 antibody with CD11b expressed on human monocytes, polymorphonuclear leukocytes, and NK cells has been reported.
The antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ V500, which has been developed for use in multicolor flow cytometry experiments and is
available exclusively from BD Biosciences. It is excited by the Violet laser with an Ex max of 415 nm and Em Max at 500 nm. BD Horizon V500 conjugates emit at a similar wavelength to Amcyan yet exhibit reduced spillover into the FITC channel. For more information on BD Horizon V500, visit bdbiosciences.com/colors.
When compensating dyes in this spectral range (such as Horizon™ V500 and AmCyan), the most accurate compensation can be obtained using single stained cellular controls. Due to spectral differences between cells and beads in this channel, using BD CompBeads can result in spillover errors for V500 and AmCyan reagents. Therefore, the use of BD CompBeads or BD CompBeads Plus to determine spillover values for these reagents is not recommended. Different V500 reagents (e.g. CD4 vs. CD45) can have slightly different fluorescence spillover therefore, it may also be necessary to use clone specific compensation controls when using these reagents.
BD Horizon™ V500 is a novel organic dye excited by the violet laser. This dye offers improved brightness over Pacific Orange™ and reduced spillover into the FITC channel when compared to AmCyan. BD Horizon V500 cannot be used simultaneously with AmCyan or Pacific Orange™.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ V500 under optimum conditions, and unreacted BD Horizon™ V500 was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- BD Horizon V500 has a maximum absorption of 415 nm and maximum emission of 500 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species cross-reactivity detected in product development may not have been confirmed on every format and/or application.
- BD Horizon V500 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,431,416.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.