PE-CF594 Rat Anti-CD11b
Clone M1/70 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Itgam; Integrin alpha-M; Ly-40; Mac-1a; Mac-1 alpha; CR3A; CR-3 alpha chain
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat DA, also known as DA/HA IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing) Human (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Splenic Cells
- Entrez Gene ID 16409
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The M1/70 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD11b, also known as Integrin alpha M (Itgam or αM). CD11b is a 170-kDa type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein and belongs to the Integrin alpha chain family. CD11b serves as the alpha chain of the heterodimeric Mac-1 integrin (CD11b/CD18, αMβ2), also known as complement receptor 3 (CR3). Mac-1 mediates adhesion to ICAM-1 (CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), fibrinogen and binding to C3bi. Mac-1 is expressed at varying levels on granulocytes, macrophages, myeloid-derived dendritic cells, natural killer cells, microglia, and B-1 B lymphocytes. Mac-1 expression is rapidly upregulated on neutrophils after activation, in the same time period that CD62L (L-selectin) is shed from the cell surface. The M1/70 antibody reportedly blocks cell adherence and C3bi binding but does not block cell-mediated lysis. Cross-reaction of the M1/70 antibody with CD11b expressed on human monocytes, polymorphonuclear leukocytes, and NK cells has been reported.
This antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ PE-CF594, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to PE-Texas Red®. PE-CF594 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to PE-Texas Red® yet exhibits improved brightness and spectral characteristics. Due to PE having maximal absorption peaks at 496 nm and 564 nm, PE-CF594 can be excited by the blue (488-nm), green (532-nm) and yellow-green (561-nm) lasers and can be detected with the same filter set as PE-Texas Red® (eg 610/20-nm filter).
- Format PE-CF594
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 612 nm
BD Horizon™ PE-CF594 is a tandem conjugate, developed exclusively by BD Biosciences, that combines PE and CF594. PE-CF594 is a brighter alternative to PE-Texas Red®, with improved spectral characteristics. PE-CF594 reagents exhibit very consistent spillover values lot to lot, making them an ideal choice for the PE-Texas Red® detector (610/20 nm).
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ PE-CF594 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE-CF594 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- When excited by the yellow-green (561-nm) laser, the fluorescence may be brighter than when excited by the blue (488-nm) laser.
- Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using multi-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PE and CF™594.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- CF™ is a trademark of Biotium, Inc.
- This product is provided under an Agreement between BIOTIUM and BD Biosciences. The manufacture, use, sale, offer for sale, or import of this product is subject to one or more patents or pending applications owned or licensed by Biotium, Inc. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. This product is for research use only. Diagnostic uses require a separate license from Biotium, Inc. For information on purchasing a license to this product including for purposes other than research, contact Biotium, Inc., 3159 Corporate Place, Hayward, CA 94545, Tel: (510) 265-1027. Fax: (510) 265-1352. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Species cross-reactivity detected in product development may not have been confirmed on every format and/or application.
- Texas Red is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.