BUV395 Rat Anti-CD11b
Clone M1/70 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Itgam; Integrin alpha-M; Ly-40; Mac-1a; Mac-1 alpha; CR3A; CR-3 alpha chain
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat DA, also known as DA/HA IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing) Human (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Splenic Cells
- Entrez Gene ID 16409
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The M1/70 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD11b, also known as Integrin alpha M (Itgam or αM). CD11b is a 170-kDa type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein and belongs to the Integrin alpha chain family. CD11b serves as the alpha chain of the heterodimeric Mac-1 integrin (CD11b/CD18, αMβ2), also known as complement receptor 3 (CR3). Mac-1 mediates adhesion to ICAM-1 (CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), fibrinogen and binding to C3bi. Mac-1 is expressed at varying levels on granulocytes, macrophages, myeloid-derived dendritic cells, natural killer cells, microglia, and B-1 B lymphocytes. Mac-1 expression is rapidly upregulated on neutrophils after activation, in the same time period that CD62L (L-selectin) is shed from the cell surface. The M1/70 antibody reportedly blocks cell adherence and C3bi binding but does not block cell-mediated lysis. Cross-reaction of the M1/70 antibody with CD11b expressed on human monocytes, polymorphonuclear leukocytes, and NK cells has been reported.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BUV395 which has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as an optimal dye for use on a 355 nm laser equipped instrument. With an Ex Max at 348 nm and an Em Max at 395 nm, this dye has virtually no spillover into any other detector. BD Horizon™ BUV395 can be excited with a 355 nm laser and detected with a 379/34 filter.
BUV395 is a UV-excitable dye that has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 348 nm and emission max of 395 nm, BUV395 can be excited by the 355-nm laser and detected in a 379/28 filter. This dye is optimal for multicolor flow cytometry because it has little to no spillover into other detectors.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV395 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BUV395 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Ultraviolet 395 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794/566349).