APC- Mouse Anti-Human CD49d
Clone 9F10 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Integrin α4 chain; Integrin alpha 4; ITGA4; IA4; alpha 4 subunit of VLA-4
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Dog, Cynomolgus, Baboon, Cow, Sheep, Cat, Horse (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. V S215
- Entrez Gene ID 3676
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 9F10 monoclonal antibody specifically reacts with the integrin α4 chain, that is expressed as a heterodimer with either of two β integrin subunits, β1 (CD29) or β7. The α4β1 integrin (VLA-4) is expressed on lymphocytes, monocytes, thymocytes, NK cells, and several B- and T-cell lines, and mediates binding to VCAM-1 (CD106) and the CS-1 region of fibronectin. The α4β7 integrin has a similar tissue distribution, except it is found on only a small subpopulation of thymocytes. Integrin α4β7 also binds fibronectin and VCAM-1, and has been shown in the mouse to preferentially bind the mucosal vascular addressin molecule, MAdCAM-1. This antibody is useful for studies of the expression by and function of cells that express α4 chain-containing integrins. This clone cross-reacts with a subset of peripheral blood lymphocytes, monocytes, and some granulocytes of baboon and both rhesus and cynomolgus macaque monkeys. The distribution on leukocytes is similar to that observed with human peripheral blood leukocytes.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.