BV421 Mouse Anti-Human CD11b/MAC-1
Clone ICRF44 (also known as 44) (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name MAC-1A; Mac-1; ITGAM; Integrin alpha M; CR3A; CR-3 alpha; Mo1; SLEB6
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human monocytes
- Workshop No. IV M047
- Entrez Gene ID 3684
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The ICRF44 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD11b, the 165-kDa adhesion glycoprotein that associates with the 95-kDa integrin β2 (CD18) to form the CD11b/CD18 complex, also known as Mac-1 or CR3. CD11b is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is encoded by ITGAM (Integrin alpha M). It is expressed on activated lymphocytes, monocytes, granulocytes, and a subset of NK cells. CD11b functions in cell-cell and cell-substrate interactions and is a receptor for iC3b, CD54 (ICAM-1), CD102 (ICAM-2) and CD50 (ICAM-3). This antibody significantly inhibits polymorphonuclear leukocyte aggregation in response to fMLP.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon™ BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon™ BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.