APC Mouse Anti-Human CD11b/Mac-1
Clone ICRF44 (also known as 44) (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name MAC-1A; Mac-1; ITGAM; Integrin alpha M; CR3A; CR-3 alpha; Mo1; SLEB6
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human monocytes
- Workshop No. IV M047
- Entrez Gene ID 3684
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The ICRF44 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD11b, the 165-kDa adhesion glycoprotein that associates with the 95-kDa integrin β2 (CD18) to form the CD11b/CD18 complex, also known as Mac-1 or CR3. CD11b is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is encoded by ITGAM (Integrin alpha M). It is expressed on activated lymphocytes, monocytes, granulocytes, and a subset of NK cells. CD11b functions in cell-cell and cell-substrate interactions and is a receptor for iC3b, CD54 (ICAM-1), CD102 (ICAM-2) and CD50 (ICAM-3). This antibody significantly inhibits polymorphonuclear leukocyte aggregation in response to fMLP.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.