Purified Rat Anti-Mouse Flk-1
Clone Avas 12α1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD309; Fetal liver kinase 1; Kdr; VEGF Receptor-2; VEGFR-2; AVAS12;
- Concentration 31.25 µg/ml
- Isotype Rat WI, also known as Wistar (outbred) IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen (Tested During Development)
Immunohistochemistry-formalin (antigen retrieval required) (Not Recommended)
- Immunogen Mouse Flk-1 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, goat serum, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The Avas 12α1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to fetal liver kinase 1 (Flk-1) which is also known as CD309. Flk-1 is a receptor protein tyrosine kinase which is closely related to CD117 (c-kit) and CD140a (PDGF Receptor α chain) of the immunoglobulin superfamily. Flk-1, also known as VEGF Receptor-2 (VEGF-R2 or VEGFR2), is a receptor for vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). It is expressed, at the mRNA and protein levels, on distinct sets of mesoderm during gastrulation and on endothelial cells in embryonic and adult tissues. In vivo and in vitro studies indicate that Flk-1 is required for the embryonic development of vascular endothelial and hematopoietic cells.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Sodium azide is a reversible inhibitor of oxidative metabolism; therefore, antibody preparations containing this preservative agent must not be used in cell cultures nor injected into animals. Sodium azide may be removed by washing stained cells or plate-bound antibody or dialyzing soluble antibody in sodium azide-free buffer. Since endotoxin may also affect the results of functional studies, we recommend the NA/LE (No Azide/Low Endotoxin) antibody format, if available, for in vitro and in vivo use.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
Immunohistochemistry: The Avas 12α1 antibody specific for mouse Flk-1 is recommended to test for immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections. Tissues tested were mouse spleen, thymus and gastrointestinal tract. The antibody stains endothelial cells. The isotype control recommended for use with this antibody is Purified Rat IgG2a κ Isotype Control (Cat. No. 559073). For optimal indirect immunohistochemical staining, the Avas 12α1 antibody should be titrated (1:10 to 1:50 dilution) and visualized via a three-step staining procedure in combination with Biotin Goat Anti-Rat Ig (Cat. No. 559286) as the secondary antibody and Streptavidin-HRP (Cat. No. 550946) together with the DAB detection system (Cat. No. 550880). Alternatively, Anti-rat Ig HRP Detection Kit (Cat. No. 551013) offers all of the necessary reagents to stain for this antibody.