Purified Mouse Anti-human CD56
Clone MY31 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name N-CAM; NCAM1; NCAM-1; Neural cell adhesion molecule 1; NKH1; MSK39
- Concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c X C57BL/6 IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunoaffinity Chromatography, Immunohistochemistry, Functional assay (Reported)
- Immunogen KG1a Cell Line
- Workshop No. V NK19
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Clone MY31 specifically recognizes the human form of the 220/135 kDa heavily glycosylated antigen, CD56, found on a subpopulation of peripheral blood large granular lymphocytes which demonstrate natural killer cell activity, but not on myeloid cells, erythrocytes or B cells. This clone also cross-reacts with a subset of peripheral blood lymphocytes of baboon, and both rhesus and cynomolgus macaque monkeys. The distribution on lymphocytes is similar to that observed with peripheral blood lymphocytes from normal human donors, with a subset of CD16+ cells co-expressing CD56. In contrast to what is observed with human peripheral blood cells, however, clone MY31 also reacts with a major subset of non-human primate CD14+ monocytes. Studies in rhesus macaque monkeys suggest that CD56 reacts with monocytes and not natural killer cells.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Sodium azide is a reversible inhibitor of oxidative metabolism; therefore, antibody preparations containing this preservative agent must not be used in cell cultures nor injected into animals. Sodium azide may be removed by washing stained cells or plate-bound antibody or dialyzing soluble antibody in sodium azide-free buffer. Since endotoxin may also affect the results of functional studies, we recommend the NA/LE (No Azide/Low Endotoxin) antibody format, if available, for in vitro and in vivo use.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
Functional Studies: Purified Mouse Anti-human CD56 antibody has been shown to prevent rosette formation between NK lymphocytes and anti-N-CAM monoclonal antibody-coupled human red cells, but does not prevent NK lysis of tumor target cells. As development progresses, N-CAM is expressed on various differentiated tissues such as human neuroendocrine tissues, cells of neural crest lineage, and regenerating or disease skeletal muscle. It also mediates adhesion among neurons and between neurons and muscle.
Immunoaffinity Chromatography/Immunoprecipitation: N-CAM can be purified from human brain tissue by immunoaffinity chromatography using Purified Mouse Anti-human CD56 antibody coupled to Sepharose and immunoprecipitated with Purified Mouse Anti-human CD56 antibody for polyacrylamide gel electrophoretic analysis.
Immunohistology: Purified Mouse Anti-human CD56 antibody can be used for staining frozen sections of neural and skeletal muscle tissues by immunofluorescence or immunoperoxidase methods.