PE Mouse Anti-Human CD56
Clone MY31 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name N-CAM; NCAM1; NCAM-1; Neural cell adhesion molecule 1; NKH1; MSK39
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c X C57BL/6 IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen KG1a Cell Line
- Workshop No. V NK19
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Clone MY31 specifically recognizes the human form of the 220/135 kDa heavily glycosylated antigen, CD56, found on a subpopulation of peripheral blood large granular lymphocytes which demonstrate natural killer cell activity, but not on myeloid cells, erythrocytes or B cells. This clone also cross-reacts with a subset of peripheral blood lymphocytes of baboon, and both rhesus and cynomolgus macaque monkeys. The distribution on lymphocytes is similar to that observed with peripheral blood lymphocytes from normal human donors, with a subset of CD16+ cells co-expressing CD56. In contrast to what is observed with human peripheral blood cells, however, clone MY31 also reacts with a major subset of non-human primate CD14+ monocytes. Studies in rhesus macaque monkeys suggest that CD56 reacts with monocytes and not natural killer cells.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species cross-reactivity detected in product development may not have been confirmed on every format and/or application.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.